Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Brownies


Brownies
(modified from a recipe of my Great Great Grandma Bitton)
2 squares unsweetened chocolate (melted)
1/4 cup butter melted
1 1/5 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1 cup white rice flour *
1 cup nuts (I used chocolate chips- because my husband doesn't like nuts in sweet things)


bake at 325 for 25-30 minutes

** I'm taking a break on this one. I'm just not satisfied with it. I think that we need to try some other flour. Maybe Spelt? The rice flour is just not the ticket for this one. It is good- but not GOOD- you know? There is a little grainyness to it. I tried using more butter and less flour- it made no difference. So I'll let you know when I take it up again.

3 comments:

Tanya said...

chelsea...i honestly think this blog is amazing. it is my new favorite blog! you have really done a nice job!

Zak and Allysia said...

note: eggs are a dairy product. If you are trying to avoid eggs, there are several ways to easily substitute them using products you already have in your pantry or a commercial egg replacement found in the health food section of your grocery store.

Janey said...

Hi, I'm a friend of Lydia's that found your blog through hers...so sorry for the random commenting!!! Have you tried coconut flour?? I recently got some and have loved it in sweet recipes! Let me know if you think it works better than rice flour! :)